In your Week 2 Assignment, you displayed data based on a categorical variable and continuous variable from a specific dataset. In Week 3, you used the same variables as in Week 2 to perform a descriptive analysis of the data. For this Assignment, you will calculate a confidence interval in SPSS for one of the variables from your Week 2 and Week 3 Assignments.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the Learning Resources related to probability, sampling distributions, and confidence intervals.
- For additional support, review the Skill Builder: Confidence Intervals and the Skill Builder: Sampling Distributions, which you can find by navigating back to your Blackboard Course Home Page. From there, locate the Skill Builder link in the left navigation pane.
- Using the SPSS software, open the Afrobarometer dataset or the High School Longitudinal Study dataset (whichever you chose) from Week 2.
- Choose an appropriate variable from Weeks 2 and 3 and calculate a confidence interval in SPSS.
- Once you perform your confidence interval, review Chapter 5 and 11 of the Wagner text to understand how to copy and paste your output into your Word document.
For this Assignment:
Write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis of your results and include a copy and paste of the appropriate visual display of the data into your document. If you are using the Afrobarometer Dataset, report the mean of Q1 (Age). If you are using the HS Long Survey Dataset, report the mean of X1SES.
Based on the results of your data in this confidence interval Assignment, provide a brief explanation of what the implications for social change might be.
Frankfort-Nachmias, C., Leon-Guerrero, A., & Davis, G. (2020). Social statistics for a diverse society (9th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 5, “The Normal Distribution” (pp. 151-177)
- Chapter 6, “Sampling and Sampling Distributions” (pp. 179-209)
- Chapter 7, “Estimation” (pp. 211-240)
Wagner, III, W. E. (2020). Using IBM® SPSS® statistics for research methods and social science statistics (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 3, “Selecting and Sampling Cases”
- Chapter 5, “Charts and Graphs”
- Chapter 11, “Editing Output”
The post Based on the results of your data in this confidence interval Assignment, provide a brief explanation of what the implications for social change might be. appeared first on nursing writers.