M5 D2: Nurse Interview
Your last discussion topic is a mini project in which you will interview a nurse. The interview will take place outside of the online classroom but you will post the interview content here.
Your interview needs to consist of at least eight questions and those questions can be about any topic that interests you and relates to the nursing field. However, include at least one question related to conversions, flow rates, dosage rates, infusion rates, or determining whether a pediatric dose is within a standard range.
Your post for this unit needs to include the nurse’s name and what field he/she works in along with your questions and his/her replies. Your report can be paragraph style or interview style (question followed by answer).
It is preferable, but not absolutely necessary, that you email your questions to the person you are interviewing.
Module 1 Assignment: Research and Report
You have already had the opportunity to describe an organ system to a patient. Now you will demonstrate to Jake that you can effectively describe the interrelationship of structure and function to a medical colleague. This not only requires that you have a deep knowledge of medical vocabulary, but that you can use medical vocabulary to describe the relationship between structure and function in a professional way.
You should spend approximately 3.5 hours on this assignment.
- Choose an organ system. It should not be the same organ system you used in the Module 1 discussion.
- Prepare a written paper of at least 500 words to Dr. Jake Smith that includes the following:
- For the organ system you have chosen, list its organs and describe their location using directional terms. Do not include any figures or pictures.
- Explain how homeostatic mechanisms keep the balance of the structure and function of your chosen organ system.
- Add an explanation of how communicating your chosen organ system to a patient is different from how you would explain the same system to a medical colleague.
- Looking back at what you posted in the Module 1 discussions, add a brief comment on how your thinking was challenged, changed, or enhanced.
- Your paper should be formatted as a proper research paper with an introduction and conclusion. Do not simply follow the bullet points above, but really think about what you have learned and how that relates to other material we have covered, and knowledge you have from other courses you may have taken.
- All references must be cited using APA Style format.
The post Bio 201 Interview a nurse and The Respiratory System discussion first appeared on Term Paper Tutors.