I need this bio review done asap. Preferably by the morning around 11 am est. Its a easy review I just have other things to study for. Also ill throw some extra money if you can do the definitions as well. heres the review:
Evolution and Biodiversity
Who was Jean-Baptiste Lamarck and how do his views compare with Darwin? Who was Malthus? Who was Wallace?
1. How did Darwin explain the process of natural selection as the basic mechanism of evolution?
a. What evidence did he cite in support of this mechanism?
b. What current evidence further illustrates the role of natural selection in evolution?
c. What is the unit of evolution?
2. Explain how data from each of the following scientific disciplines provides evidence for evolution.
a. Fossil record and radiometric dating
b. Biogeography (distribution of plants and animals)
c. Comparative anatomy
d. Comparative embryology
e. Molecular biology
3. How has the merging of Darwin’s and Mendel’s findings result in current evolutionary theory?
4. What is the relationship between a gene pool and a population?
5. In addition to natural selection explain and illustrate how the following phenomena contribute to evolution.
a. Mutation and sexual recombination
b. Genetic drift (bottle neck and founder effect). Give examples.
c. Gene flow. Give examples.
6. What determines an organism’s fitness?
7. What three possible ways natural selection can alter the phenotypic variation in a population?
8. Give examples of stabilizing, directional, and disruptive patterns of natural selection.
9. Natural selection usually reduces variation. What mechanisms preserve variation?
Particular criteria are used to place organisms into species.
10. What is speciation?
11. What is the difference between microevolution and macroevolution?
12. What is the biological definition of a species (the biological species concept)?
13. When is the typological species concept used?
14. Define carrying capacity (K)
15. What is symbiosis? Give examples of all the different types of symbiosis.
16. What are Cladograms? What are Phylogenetic trees?
17. Give examples of Homologies.
18. Give examples of Analogies
19. Define Convergent evolution
20. Give examples of vestigial structures
Species evolve over time and place
21. What are reproductive isolating mechanisms?
22. Why are reproductive isolating mechanisms important in speciation?
23. Give examples of each one of the pre-zygotic barriers.
24. Give examples of each one of the post-zygotic barriers
25. Under what conditions does allopatric speciation occur?
26. Does geographic isolation always lead to speciation? Explain your answer.
27. Under what conditions does sympatric speciation occur?
28. What type of Symmetry, digestive system, segmentation, is found in each one of the invertebrate’ Phyla?
29. Learn the unique characteristics found in each one of the Invertebrate’ phyla.
Definitions: (optional for extra money)
Biological species concept
Descent with modification
Genus (plural, genera)
Phylum (plural Phyla)
Typological species concept
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post BIOLOGY REVIEW. READ ASAP appeared first on Nursing Writers Hub.