1. Read the article: Racial Profiling: A Survey of African American Police Officers(Barlow & Barlow, 2002). Using concepts from chapters 1-6 as the basis for your analysis, in a narrative format of 750 or more words, summarize:
(a) the research problem,
(b) the literature review,
(c) data-gathering strategy,
(d) any hypotheses,
(e) the dependent and independent variable in one of the cause-effect relationships tested by the researchers,
(f) how the dependent and independent variable were operationalized,
(g) other variables that should have been measured and/or controlled, and
(h) the key findings and/or policy issues.
2. This research utilized a mixed-methods approach (i.e., quantitative and qualitative). Identify the quantitative aspect, the qualitative aspect, and explain the value of using this approach. Were there any discrepancies or unexpected findings between the two methods (i.e., did the qualitative data contradict or refute the quantitative data)?
3. Briefly sketch out the advantages and disadvantages of using mail surveys, internet surveys, and phone surveys for research. Overall, which survey method do you think is the best? Explain your rationale.
4. Go to the Research Triangle Institute site at THIS LINK. Click on Survey Research and Services and then on Capabilities. Under Data Collection read about the institutes methods for computer-assisted interviewing and mixed-mode data collection. Scroll down, under Methodologies read the section on Questionnaire Design and Evaluation, to learn about innovative techniques including cognitive pretesting. What does this aID to your treatment and understanding of survey research?
5. Appendix A of this article contains the questionnaire on racial profiling that was used for this research. What issues of validity concern you about this questionnaire? What issues of validity concern you about the research article? What questions should have been asked that were omitted? If you were to conduct this research, what would be different? Be detailed in your answer.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Briefly sketch out the advantages and disadvantages of using mail surveys, internet surveys, and phone surveys for research. appeared first on nursing assignment tutor.