Research topic: Peer Influence on Teenagers in Emotional Distress
Data Collection for Qualitative Research
TYPE OF DESIGN
- Tell the reader specifically about the design of the studyâ€” the approach to data collection, analysis and report writing
- Describe the characteristics of design
o Typical unit of measure
o Any other specific characteristics of design
o Subjects or informants in the study (may need to be especially conscious of anonymity here)
- Steps taken to gain access to the subjects â€“ if Institutional Review Board Permission was required indicate it here
- Comment on any sensitive ethical issues that need to be taken into consideration to maintain anonymity of subjects
DATA COLLECTION PROCEDURES
- Indicate types of data collection used
o Document Analysis (Meeting Minutes, Newspapers)
- Qualitative data analysis procedure can be eclecticâ€”unlike quantitative procedures which make distinct separations between procedures qualitative procedures can simultaneously engage in numerous procedures
o Collecting from the field, sorting into categories, formatting the information
- Describe the process of â€œreductionâ€ or interpretation that you will use to organize the data
- Discuss matrices or coding systems/ programs you will be using
- Discuss the issues of internal validityâ€”accuracy of the information and whether it matches reality
o Member checks
o Inter-rater procedures
Discuss limitations to generalizability
o Remember that the purpose of qualitative data is not to generalize findings but to form an interpretation of events, but you still need to indicate limitations to generalizability.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.