Discuss the prevalence of diabetes and the potential long-term complication of diabetes?
1. The nurse doses not speak Spanish. Discuss what the nurse should keep in mind to facilitate effective communication using an interpreter. What is the difference between the role of a medical interpreter and that of a medical translator?
2. Describes the following serum glucose tests used to help confirm the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus. Casual, fasting, postprandial and oral glucose tolerance test?
3. When evaluating Mr. Jenaro ‘s postprandial result, what is important to consider regarding his age and tobacco use?
4. Explained what a hemoglobin A1c (HbA1C) lab test tells the health care provider?
5. How might the nurse briefly explain what diabetes is diabetes is in lay terms to Mr. and Mrs. Jenaro ?
6. Explained the difference between type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes and who is at increased risk for developing each type. Base on this understanding, which type of diabetes dose Mr. Jenaro have?
7. Discuss the prevalence of diabetes and the potential long-term complication of diabetes?
8. List five nursing diagnoses appropriate to consider for Mr. Jenaro?
9. Discuss Mr. and Mrs. Jenaro ‘s learning needs. Consider the communication preferences of Mexican Americans?
10. Discuss the dietary recommendations for a diabetes based on the Food Pyramid?
11. Discuss how culture may influence Mr. Jenaro ‘s diabetes management in terms of food choices, diet and exercise, and use of alternative health care provider?
12. Discuss the information the nurse and /or diabetes educator should include when teaching Mr. Jenaro about proper foot care.
13. Discuss the lifestyle considerations the nurse and/or diabetes educator should discuss with Mr. Jenaro and his wife
14. Discuss what Mr. Jenaro should be taught about how to manage his diabetes on days that he is ill ( e.g, if he were to have a stomach virus
15. Mr. Jenaro meets his friend at a local bar once a week for a beer or two. What impact dose alcohol have on a diabetes? Should he discontinue this social activity?
. TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Discuss the prevalence of diabetes and the potential long-term complication of diabetes? appeared first on Term Paper Tutors.
The post Discuss the prevalence of diabetes and the potential long-term complication of diabetes? first appeared on Term Paper Tutors.