Select a Topic for Your Critical Review
Select the topic for your Critical Review, which is due in Week Six, and briefly analyze its key features and pathophysiology. You may select from any of the following psychiatric disorders: schizophrenia (or schizotypal disorders), bipolar disorder, depression, any of the anxiety disorders, PTSD, chronic pain disorders, Alzheimers disease, Parkinsons disease or other movement disorder, seizures, AID/ADHD, autism, OCD, any personality disorder, brain trauma, stroke, encephalitis, meningitis, or migraines.
However, aIDiction is not the emphasis of the course. Critical Reviews focusing on aIDiction, or drugs of aIDiction, will not be accepted. Your paper must focus on drug treatment and not on other modes of treatment. Papers that discuss psychotherapy, other than in passing, will not be given credit. Ask your instructor for clarification.
Explain your chosen psychiatric disorder in terms of neurotransmitter and receptor theories. Describe the symptomology of the disorder and its relationship with the neurotransmitters involved. Discuss the anatomic changes seen with the disorder. Explain the relationship between neurotransmitter and anatomic features and resultant symptoms. Summarize the interaction(s) between the behavioral, neuroanatomical, and neurotransmitter changes seen within the selected disorder.
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three peer-reviewed sources from a University Library. These may include the required articles for the assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Explain your chosen psychiatric disorder in terms of neurotransmitter and receptor theories. Describe the symptomology of the disorder and its relationship with the neurotransmitters involved. appeared first on Nursing Paper Desk.