1960s Liberation Movements
Homework: Build a chart for each of the following movements or organizations and answer the following questions:
- What critique is being offered? (what problems does this particular document define?)
â— who did this group see as the bad guys?
- What solutions to the above problems are being put forward? (what do they want?)
â— who did this group see as the good guys?
- What strategies and tactics are put forward to achieve the solutions?
- List the names of important events, documents and people associated with each group.
- Who is being included and who is being excluded in these plans? â€“ what does â€œliberationâ€ mean to this particular group? Liberated from what?
You should draw primarily from the following readings: a) George Donelson Moss, CH8, â€œRebellion and Reactionâ€; b) 1960s Liberation Documents. You may also need to spend a little time looking up particular events, organizations, persons or groups to help you situate the document in time.
Groups to identify:
- Students for a Democratic Society
- The Free Speech Movement
- The New Left
- Freedom Summer (Mississippi Freedom Summer Project â€“ 1964)
- Womenâ€s Liberation Movement
- The Weathermen
- Black Power (Black Liberation) Movement (as distinct from the mainstream civil rights movement)
- Chicano/Chicana Liberation Movement (Brown Power)
- Gay Liberation Movement
- American Indian Movement
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.