In a hotel, the front desk is considered the heart of hotel operations. Generally, all hotel guests have some form of contact with the front desk whether they are booking a room, checking in / out, calling on the phone, registering complaints, and / or requesting information. An effective and efficiently operated front desk is very important to the financial success of a hotel.
For this assignment, you are going to conduct a research study on front desk operations and its impact on the financial success of the hotel
Write a five to six (5) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief history of how front desk operations have evolved over the last 25 years, including how tasks have changed, evolved, and / or disappeared.
- Provide a step-by-step approach for front desk agents in taking a hotel room reservation for a guest. For each step, describe the actions required, necessary information collected, and the purpose of collecting this information. Finally, document a hypothetical script for a front desk agent to follow when taking a hotel room reservation for a guest (either over the phone or in person).
- Discuss how technology has changed guest service and reservations for all hotel guests, and how lack of guest knowledge of technological changes can impact hotel operations and customer satisfaction.
- Determine what roles the front desk plays in the safety of their guests and the procedures the front desk should follow in order to protect the hotel guests.
- Determine the financial impact of front desk agents NOT effectively managing the billing and guest folio process in a hotel. Provide two (2) detailed examples of mismanagement of the billing and guest folio processes, and the impact on hotel finances.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.