Assignment 2: Health Promotion Program Proposal
My Proposal: Coronary Heart Disease prevention among African-American population
Obtaining the funding and/or approval to develop a program is often dependent upon one’s ability to clearly articulate each element of the proposed program. Proposing a health promotion program requires a well-thought-out plan that clearly identifies the health condition, target population, and anticipated activities.
Modules 2, 3, and 4 have covered the steps for planning and designing a health promotion program. For this Assignment,you will submit a proposal for the health promotion program you have been developing that meets a health need for a specific community.
12- to 15-page proposal (double- spaced, Times New Roman font):
Cover page should include:
- Project title
- Primary contact person, title
Sections of your proposal:
- Briefly describe the project relevance and need
- Describe how your project complements or adds to other similar initiatives.
2. Community Description
- Describe the target audience(s) for the project (e.g. health practitioners, policy-makers, underserved population).
- Provide list the geographic location(s) and sites/settings (e.g. hospital, community-based center, school, work setting) where the project activities will take place.
3. Needs Assessment
- Provide a summary of the mini-needs assessment conducted to determine a priority health issue for this community. The mini-needs assessment should be based on available statistics.
4. Socio-ecological factors
- Provide a description of the primary socio-ecological factors related to the health issue.
- Identify and describe types of resources and community stakeholders. Indicate the name of the partners you will work with during the project. Describe the role and contribution of each partner.
- Provide a description of the stakeholder collaboration strategy that would be used and explain why it is most appropriate.
6. Mission, goals and objectives
- the mission,
- at least one program goal and
- at least two objectives
7. Theoretical framework
- Identify the theory or model used to guide development of the interventions and provide a rationale for your selection.
8. Intervention strategy
- Select an appropriate intervention strategy based on your theoretical framework that targets one of the socio-ecological factors associated with this health condition and target population.
- Identify at least two specific program activities and explain how it would be used in the program.
- Explain how each activity is related to your theoretical framework.
10. Logic Model
- Develop a Logic Model for the program.
Support your work with specific citations from this module’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Stylefor Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
The post How can you obtain fund/approval for your health program proposal? first appeared on Term Paper Tutors.