You are interviewing Tom Stone, a 17-year-old who was admitted to a psychiatric unit after a suicide attempt. How would you best respond to each of the following patient requests and behaviors?
- a.“I would feel so much better if you would sit closer to me and hold my hand.”
- b.“I will tell you if I still feel like killing myself, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else. If you do, I just can’t trust you, ever.”
- c.“I don’t want to talk to you. I have absolutely nothing to say.”
- d.“I will be going home tomorrow, and you have been so helpful and good to me. I want you to have my watch to remember me by.”
- e.Tom breaks down and starts sobbing.
Each initial discussion post must be between 300-400 words. You will be graded on grammar and writing style. You must use one acceptable reference source (Wikipedia is not permitted and your text book is considered as an acceptable source). Reference must be in APA format (you can go to purdue owl online if you have questions or use bibme.org).
The post How would you best respond to each of the following patient requests and behaviors? first appeared on Term Paper Tutors.