A Penetration Tester evaluates the security of an information infrastructure by intentionally, and safely, exploiting vulnerabilities.
Take on the role of Penetration Tester for the organization you chose in Week 1.
Use the Penetration Testing Plan Template to create a 3- to 4-page Penetration Testing Plan for the organization you chose.
Research and include the following:
- Pen test Preplanning
- Engagement timeline: Tasks and who performs them
- Team location: Where will the penetration team execute their tests?
- Organization locations tested: multiple locations, countries (Export restrictions and government restrictions)
- Which pen test technologies will be used? Consider the following as you research options:
- Scanning Tools: Nmap, Nikto
- Credential Testing Tools: Hashcat, Medussa, John the Ripper, Cain and Abel
- OSINT Tools: Whois, TheHarvester
- Wireless Tools: Aircrack-ng, Kismet
- Networking Tools: Wireshark, Hping
- What client personnel are aware of the testing?
- What resources provided to pen test team?
- Test Boundaries:
- What is tested?
- Social engineering test boundaries? What is acceptable?
- What are the boundaries of physical security tests?
- What are the restrictions on invasive pentest attacks?
- What types of corporate policy affect your test?
- Gain Appropriate authorization (Including third-party authorization)
- Pen Test Execution Planning: Given the scope and constraints you developed in your Pentest Pre-Plan, plan the following pen test execution activities
- Gaining Access
- Maintaining Access
- Covering Tracks
- Pen Test Analysis and Report Planning:
- Analyze pentest results
- Report pentest results
- The five phases of a successful network penetration
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.