HRM 531 HRM531 HRM/531 Final Exam New Classroom A Work. 1. When conduction a performance feedback discussion, active listening requires:
verbal communications only
summarizing what was said and what was agreed to
interruptions to get your point across
summarizing your key points.
2. Because practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to __________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information
3. In _____, workers have been fired for refusing to quit smoking, for living with someone without being married, drinking a competitors product, motorcycling, and other legal activities outside of work.
invasion of privacy
4. In determining the competitiveness of benefits, senior management tends to focus mainly on
5. When companies discover they can communicate better with their customers through employees who are similar to their customers, those companies then realize they have increased their _____ diversity.
6. Properly designed incentive programs work because they are based on two well-accepted psychological principles: (1) increased motivation improves performance and (2)
recognition is a major factor in motivation
the Rucker plan
the Scanlon plan
7. To avoid legal difficulties related to performance appraisals and enhance credibility in court, employers should
present only the managers perspective
have friends testify
present only the employees perspective
document appraisal ratings and reason for termination.
8. Employee demotions usually involve.
a decrease in status and privilege but no loss of opportunity or pay
a cut in pay, status, privilege, or opportunity
an increase in pay and more responsibility
a reduction in pay but no loss of opportunity, status, or privilege.
9. If objective performance data are available, which of the following is the best strategy to use?
work planning and review
summated rating scales
10 _____ implies that appraisal systems are easy for managers and employees to understand and use.
11 _____ analysis is the level of analysis that focuses on employees specifically.
12 Hard quotas
systematically favor women and minorities in hiring and promotion decisions
are a commitment to treat all races and sexes equally in all decisions about hiring, promotion, and pay
represent a mandate to hire or promote specific numbers or proportions of women or minority group members
are a concerted effort by the organization to actively expand the pool of applicants so that no one is excluded because of past or present discrimination.
13 This made extensive changes to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) of 1974 that governs employer-sponsored, qualified (for tax deferral) retirement-benefit plans.
Employer Cost Shifting laws
The Pension Protection Act (PPA) of 2006
Short-Term Disability laws
Short-Term Severance Pay laws.
14.Training that results in ______ is costly because of the cost of training (which proved to be useless) and the cost of hampered performance.
applicability of training
simulation of training
negative transfer of training
reinforcement of training.
15 ____________ is the biggest hurdle to overcome in a pay-for-performance plan.
Salary cap performance level
16 _____ proceeds from an oral warning to a written warning to a suspension to dismissal.
17 Which is not a quality of Generation Y?
A blurring of the lines between work and leisure time while on the job
The constant need for stimulation/entertainment
Short attention spans
Inability to handle numerous projects
18 A _____ occurs when parties are unable to move further toward settlement.
19 Which question should not be important in evaluating the value of training?
Was the cost of training within the budget?
Did change occur?
Is the change due to training?
Is the change positive related to organizational goals?
20.If employers fail to check closely enough on a prospective employee who then commits a crime in the course of performing his or her job duties, they can be held liable for
loss of consortium
quid pro quo
21 What can affirmative action assist organizations in achieving that diversity initiatives cannot?
Correcting specific problems of the past
Maximizing workforce commitment
22 ___________ is the process where managers provide feedback to the employees regarding their past and present job performance proficiency, as well as a basis for improving performance in the future.
23. Which of the following is a distinctive feature of the U.S. system compared with other countries?
Wages set by arbitration councils
Low union dues and small union staffs
All agreements are of unlimited duration
24. What is our countrys income maintenance program?
PPA (2006), 401(k)
25. For organizations, _________ is an indirect cost associated with downsizing.
an increase in the unemployment tax rate.
administrative processing .
26 Title VII of the _____________ states that top executives in companies receiving government support can retract bonuses, retention awards, or incentives paid to the top five senior executive officers or the next 20 most highly compensated employees based on corporate information that is later found to be inaccurate.
SarbanesOxley Act (2002)
Pay for Performance Act (2009)
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (2009)
Equal Pay Act (1963)
27 Mary arrives at her new job. Before she can begin actually doing the work, she must complete a series of activities including role playing and virtual reality interactions. What type of training method does Marys new employer use?
28. Organizations periodically turn to _________ to meet demands for talent brought about by business growth and a desire for fresh ideas, or to replace employees who leave.
outside labor markets
29 ________________ include everything in a work environment that enhances a workers sense of self-respect and esteem by others.
General business strategies
Internal pay objectives
30 The Civil Rights Act of 1991 offered what for victims of unintentional discrimination?
Monetary damages and jury trials
. TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Performance feedback discussion appeared first on Term Paper Tutors.
The post Performance feedback discussion first appeared on Term Paper Tutors.