Use the practice problem and a quantitative, peer-reviewed research article you identified in the Topic 1 assignment to complete this assignment.
In a 1000-1,250 word essay, summarize the study, explain the ways in which the findings might be used in nursing practice, and address ethical considerations associated with the conduct of the study.
Refer to the resource “Research Critique Guidelines” for suggested headings and content for your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Background of Study
Background of study including problem, significance to nursing, purpose, objective, and research questions is thorough with substantial relevant details and extensive explanation.
Method of Study
Discussion of method of study including discussion of conceptual/theoretical framework is thorough with substantial relevant details and extensive explanation.
Results of Study
Discussion of study results including findings and implications for nursing practice is thorough with substantial relevant details and extensive explanation.
Discussion of ethical considerations associated with the conduct of nursing research is thorough with substantial relevant details and extensive explanation.
Conclusion summarizes utility of the research from the critical appraisal, knowledge learned, and the importance of the findings to nursing practice.
Thesis Development and Purpose
Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
Argument Logic and Construction
Argument is clear and convincing and presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
Paper Format (use of appropriate style for the major and assignment)
All format elements are correct.
Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style)
Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.
Research Critique Guidelines
To write a critical appraisal that demonstrates comprehension of the research study conducted, address each component below for qualitative study in the Topic 2 assignment and the quantitative study in the Topic 3 assignment.
Successful completion of this assignment requires that you provide a rationale, include examples, or reference content from the study in your responses.
Background of Study:
· Identify the clinical problem and research problem that led to the study. What was not known about the clinical problem that, if understood, could be used to improve health care delivery or patient outcomes? This gap in knowledge is the research problem.
· How did the author establish the significance of the study? In other words, why should the reader care about this study? Look for statements about human suffering, costs of treatment, or the number of people affected by the clinical problem.
· Identify the purpose of the study. An author may clearly state the purpose of the study or may describe the purpose as the study goals, objectives, or aims.
· List research questions that the study was designed to answer. If the author does not explicitly provide the questions, attempt to infer the questions from the answers.
· Were the purpose and research questions related to the problem?
Methods of Study
· Identify the benefits and risks of participation addressed by the authors. Were there benefits or risks the authors do not identify?
· Was informed consent obtained from the subjects or participants?
· Did it seem that the subjects participated voluntarily in the study?
· Was institutional review board approval obtained from the agency in which the study wasconducted?
· Are the major variables (independent and dependent variables) identified and defined? What were these variables?
· How were data collected in this study?
· What rationale did the author provide for using this data collection method?
· Identify the time period for data collection of the study.
· Describe the sequence of data collection events for a participant.
· Describe the data management and analysis methods used in the study.
· Did the author discuss how the rigor of the process was assured? For example, does the author describe maintaining a paper trail of critical decisions that were made during the analysis of the data? Was statistical software used to ensure accuracy of the analysis?
· What measures were used to minimize the effects of researcher bias (their experiences and perspectives)? For example, did two researchers independently analyze the data and compare their analyses?
Results of Study
· What is the researcher’s interpretation of findings?
· Are the findings valid or an accurate reflection of reality? Do you have confidence in the findings?
· What limitations of the study were identified by researchers?
· Was there a coherent logic to the presentation of findings?
· What implications do the findings have for nursing practice? For example, can the findings of the study be applied to general nursing practice, to a specific population, or to a specific area of nursing?
· What suggestions are made for further studies?
· Was the study approved by an Institutional Review Board?
· Was patient privacy protected?
· Were there ethical considerations regarding the treatment or lack of?
· Emphasize the importance and congruity of the thesis statement.
· Provide a logical wrap-up to bring the appraisal to completion and to leave a lasting impression and take-away points useful in nursing practice.
· Incorporate a critical appraisal and a brief analysis of the utility and applicability of the findings to nursing practice.
· Integrate a summary of the knowledge learned.
Burns, N., & Grove, S. (2011). Understanding nursing research(5th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Please Follow Instruction. Read Carefully Between 1000-1250 Words. appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.