Policy Advocacy Presentation
Select a health policy issue from the list below. Analyze the policy issue using the given criteria. Assume that you must advocate for or argue against the policy issue in front of a Congressional health committee.
Health Policy Issues
· Child Nutrition and Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
· Veterans Healthcare Programs
· Universal Health Insurance
· Aging and Chronic Care
· Controlling the Costs of Medicare or Medicaid
· Burden of Medicaid on State Budgets
· Special Disease Topics: Human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS), Cancer, or Alzheimer’s
Criteria for analyzing the policy issue
· Identify the committee that you will present your research in front of. Also include the names of the committee members.
· Research the policy issue using the most up to date sources.
· Include background information on the issue, facts, your proposal, and arguments (pros and cons).
· Be sure to address the political, financial, and economic issues related to the health policy.
Your research should provide answers to the following:
· Discuss the specifics of who will be eligible and who will be responsible for providing services.
· Discuss the impact of your proposal on recipients and providers of care. Include eligibility requirements for receiving benefits, application process, expected benefits, requirements for a provider to be eligible.
· Identify the specific government health programs and organizations that are involved and analyze their role in the policy.
· Examine budgetary issues such who will be responsible for funding: state, federal, or a combination of both.
· In your closing argument (conclusion slide), make a final plea to Congress in pushing your agenda forward. Your argument should be compelling and grounded in facts.
In a Microsoft Word document, create a 4- to 5-page report on your research on the policy issue.
Also, create a PowerPoint presentation consisting of 15–20 slides to be presented in front of a Congressional health committee.
Instructions for creating the presentation
· Each slide will have a brief explanation of not more than one or two paragraphs in the Notes section located below the slide.
· Graphics, audio, and video should be used sparingly. Sources for graphics are usually placed at the bottom of the graphic.
· Include a title slide in the presentation.
· Body of the presentation will include one or two slides for an introduction, the subtopics of the presentation, and a conclusion (one or two slides).
· Include a reference slide(s) in the presentation.
Note: Please add additional content in the Notes section.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Policy Advocacy Presentation appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.