DISCUSSION 1: Spiritual Development
Furness and Gilligan (2010) stated, “There is a growing body of literature written predominantly for health professionals and more recently for social workers about the importance of developing and incorporating cultural and spiritual sensitivity and awareness in their work with others” (p. 2187). Spirituality, which may or may not include involvement with an established religion, contributes to human diversity and influences human behavior. An individual’s spirituality may be an important factor in his or her social environment. As a social worker, your awareness of a client’s spirituality may help increase your understanding of the client and his or her needs.
Sensitivity to and respect for your client’s spiritual dimension reflects your appreciation of diversity. As you consider the potential impact of your clients’ spirituality on their perspectives and behavior, you must also consider how your spirituality might influence your interactions with a client.
For this Discussion, you consider the impact of spirituality on your interactions with clients.
· Post a Discussion in which you explain how considerations about clients’ worldviews, including their spirituality or religious convictions, might affect your interactions with them.
· Provide at least two specific examples. In addition, explain one way your own spirituality or religious convictions might support your work with a client, and one barrier it might present.
· Finally, share one strategy for applying an awareness of spirituality to social work practice in general.
Be sure to support your posts with specific references to the resources. If you are using additional articles, be sure to provide full APA-formatted citations for your references.
Barker, S. L. (2007). The Integration of spirituality and religion content in social work education: Where we’ve been, where we’re going. Social Work & Christianity, 34(2), 146–166.
Crisp, B. R. (2011). If a holistic approach to social work requires acknowledgement of religion, what does this mean for social work education?. Social Work Education, 30(6), 663–674.
Zastrow, C. H., & Kirst-Ashman, K. K. (2016). Understanding human behavior and the social environment (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Discussion 2: Stakeholders in Health Care Policy
There are many stakeholders involved in health care policy issues, and they represent a wide variety of interests and perspectives. The health care industry employs many people. Though all stakeholders may share the goal of optimum individual and societal health and well-being, it is important to note that stakeholders’ financial interests may influence decision making.
For this Discussion, review this week’s resources. Consider the impact of health care policy’s evolution on Medicaid and Medicare programs. Then, think about a specific Medicaid policy in your state that should be amended, and reflect on how you would amend it and why. Finally, research the stakeholders involved in Medicaid and Medicare health care policy in your state and consider the role of these stakeholders in policy development for this issue.
· Post an explanation of how the evolution of health care policy has influenced programs such as Medicaid and Medicare.
· Then, describe a specific Medicaid policy in your state that should be amended, and explain how you would amend it and why.
· Finally, describe the stakeholders involved in the Medicaid and Medicare health care policy in your state, and explain the role of these stakeholders in policy development for this issue.
Support your post with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.
Acker, Gila M. (2010). How social workers cope with managed care. Administration in Social Work, 34(5), 405–422.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Retrieved November 14, 2013, from http://www.ahrq.gov
The post Post an explanation of how the evolution of health care policy has influenced programs such as Medicaid and Medicare. appeared first on nursing writers.