PowerPoint Slideshow Guidelines
The purpose of this PowerPoint presentation is to present the best plan of action, as a leader, assigned to make a change to a problem or issue in your place of work. If you are not presently working, use information from your prelicensure experience or previous healthcare experience. You will be using the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals to align with the problem or issue that you see in your workplace or most recent place of employment. You will prepare a PowerPoint presentation and share how you will meet one of the goals in your place of work that will solve the problem or issue you have selected.
Completion of this assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high-quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO2)
CO2: Implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team through communication and relationship building. (PO3)
CO3: Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to enable systems to change. (PO7)
CO7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (POs 2 and 3)
CO8: Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process and outcome measures to identify clinical questions as the beginning process of changing current practice. (PO8)
This assignment is to be submitted by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, end of Week 6.
This assignment is worth 200 points.
1. Develop a PowerPoint slideshow consisting of 8-15 slides. Include the following. Title slide, written speaker notes, and Reference slide. Do not use Voice Over recordings. All information needs to be written in slides and notes.
2. You are required to complete the assignment using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.pptx” format.
3. As the leader, you have identified a problem or issue related to one of the National Patient Safety Goals 2018 created by the Joint Commission that will lead to quality improvement. You will find the National Patient Safety Goals using this link: NPSG (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
4. Assess the problem or issue. State the problem/issue and identify three rationales (reasons) that the problem exists.
5. Determine the people who are involved in the issue and explain three reasons as to how their role will contribute to the problem or issue solution.
6. Identify three solutions and discuss the purpose, cost and desired outcome.
7. Pick one solution to share with the director and discuss why this solution was chosen over the others.
8. Make an action plan to share the solution with the director or staff.
9. Summarize issue, plan and desired outcome and purpose for quality improvement on slide.
10. Summarize your learning and value of doing the assignment.
11. Include written speaker notes for all slides except title slide and reference slide.
12. Submit your PowerPoint slideshow by 11:59 p.m. MT, Sunday, end of Week 6.
Best Practices in Preparing PowerPoint Presentations
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
· Be creative.
· Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
· Make easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
· Review directions thoroughly.
· Proofread prior to final submission.
· Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
· Abide by the Chamberlain academic integrity policy.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Leadership Action Plan
NR 447: Collaborative Healthcare
Month/Month 2019 Session
Professor Desirae Freeze
10% reduction if speaker notes are not provided per slide (excluding title slide and reference slide).
An issue is determined based on the National Patient Safety Goals 2018 PDF and there are facts with support from references explaining why it is an issue.
At least three reasons are included and are logical and easy to read and are directly related to the issue selected based on the National Patient Safety Goals. References are used.
Lists the stakeholders (people) who are involved in the issue and explains how each role will contribute to the problem solution.
At least four reasons are included and are logical and easy to read and are directly related to the potential staff member’s perspective.
Possible Solutions to Identified Issue
Discuss solutions to the problem weighing the stakeholders, cost, and reachable outcomes of each solution.
Three solutions are listed and data related to the problem with discussion of the differences between each solution are noted thoroughly and clearly. (this may take more than 1 slide)
Picks one solution to share with the director and discusses why this solution was chosen over the others.
One solution is chosen (from the previous 3 solution on the previous slide). Thoroughly describes why this solution was better than the other one and supports this idea clearly with a reference.
Shares best approach to deliver solution to director and staff.
Best approach to deliver solution to director and staff is thoroughly described in detail.
Summary of Identified Issue and Solution
Summary of issue, plan, and desired outcome for the plan is clear and relates to the previous slides.
Summary is clear and relates to the previous slides including the issue, purpose for quality improvement and desired outcomes.
Summary of Leadership Plan
Summary of learning is displayed with lists, bulleted items, or other creative ways.
Thoroughly summarizes learning related to leadership action plan assignment including value of data.
References are in correct APA format.
Writing and formatting. Slides are provided and labeled appropriately. Punctuation and sentence structure are correct. There is evidence of spell and grammar check.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post PowerPoint Slideshow Guidelines appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.