Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Section 1.4 of the Newman (2016) textbook, view the instructional tutorials embedded in the How to Locate Scholarly Articles quiz (A Digital Library, Keywords Are Critical, Database Search Tips, and Help! Need an Article!), view the Evaluating Sources tutorial in the Ashford University Library, and read Developing a Topic in the Ashford Writing Center. Part of the preparation work for applying the scientific method is to define the research topic and learn what is already known about it, based on previous research.
Using the topic you selected for the Week 1 discussion, go to the Ashford University Library and find three scholarly/peer-reviewed journal articles about the topic. Download the full-text PDF of each article and save them on your computer.
In this paper, you will describe your research topic, identify the articles you found, and discuss what you think each article says about your topic. Upload the PDFs of the articles with your assignment in Waypoint.
For this assignment,
- Describe the chosen research topic.
- Identify three scholarly/peer-reviewed journal articles from the Ashford University Library that directly relate to the topic. Read each with the intent of understanding what it reflects about your topic.
- Evaluate how each article relates to your topic.
- Properly cite all articles within your paper. (For assistance see the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper)
- Upload the full text PDFs of the articles with your paper.
The Focus Topic and References paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013.
- Must use at least three scholarly/peer-reviewed journal articles.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Section 1.4 of the Newman (2016) textbook, view the instructional tutorials embedded in the How to Locate Scholarly Articles quiz (A Digital Library, K appeared first on My Nursing Assignment.