The creation and management of effective health information systems requires a solid understanding of data sources (structure, functionality, and management) in order to obtain and produce useful information. Choosing the source of your data helps to ensure adequate transitions from data to information to knowledge.
This week, you will begin researching your Scholar-Practitioner Project (SPP). Your SPP is a systematic review of data utilizing a secondary data set.
- Review the four data sets (located in this week’s Learning Resources), the Secondary Data media resource, and the Checklist included in the syllabus.
- Select one of the four data sets provided in this week’s Learning Resources for your Scholar-Practitioner Project.
- After reviewing the data set, select the research topic of your project
- Find at least two recent peer reviewed articles (published within the last 5 years) that discuss your research topic and indicate:
- If they used secondary data or collected primary data.
- What variables (dependent, independent, covariates, confounding) where included in that study, and
- What was the major finding of that study.
see attached dataset
The post PUBH 8545 Walden University management of health information systems first appeared on Term Paper Tutors.