Using the topic you have developed in PSY-530 write a Research Proposal (2,200-2,500 words) on a topic relevant to the course. To complete the Research Proposal, do the following:
Review the attached document “Research Proposal Guidelines” as well as Topic 7 lecture section on The Results and Discussion Sections in the Research Proposal for a brief overview pertaining to “how to” complete the assignment.
- Introductory section: Include hypothesis and a review of the literature.
- Method section: Include subsections on Participants, Apparatus/Materials/Instruments, Procedure, and Design.
- Results section: Include statistic, critical values, degrees of freedom, and alpha level.
- Discussion section: Include interpretation of results, ethical concerns, limitations of study, and suggestions for future research.
- Figures and Tables section: Include a minimum of two (either two figures, two tables, or a figure and a table).
Include at least 8-10 scholarly references.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines within the APA 7th Style Guide.
Commitment is an attitude that correlates strongly with job satisfaction. In addition, commitment, like satisfaction, relates to turnover and other employee outcomes. Because there are patterns of commitment, organizations can use these data to take steps to increase employee commitment, thereby increasing positive employee behaviors and decreasing negative employee behaviors.
In this Discussion, you will analyze the level of employee commitment at Walden Sports using the Meyer-Allen three-component measure (affective, normative, and continuance) and analyze the consequences that can occur.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- View the video: “Organizational Commitment” (transcript is attached). Select two Walden Sports employees and consider how they differ in their commitment to the organization. Then consider positive and negative consequences of each employee’s organizational commitment.
- Read the article “Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Job Involvement: The Mediating Role of Job Involvement.” Think about the antecedents and consequences of commitment, both positive and negative.
- Read the article “The Mediating Role of Job Involvement Between Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment in a Small and Medium Sized Business Enterprise.” Reflect on the mediators and predictors of commitment.
- Read the article “Affective Commitment as a Core Essence of Organizational Commitment.” Consider how affective commitment, or the emotional attachment to the organization, can influence commitment to an organization.
- Read the article “Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Recent Trends and Developments.” Consider some of the positive and negative consequences of commitment and some of the conditions that mediate them.
By Day 3
Post a response to the following:
Provide the names of the two Walden Sports employees you selected and explain how they differ in their commitment to the organization. In your analysis, explain how they differ or are similar on all three components of organizational commitment: affective, normative, and continuance or in other words, affection for the job, fear of loss and sense of obligation to stay. Finally, explain one potential positive consequence and one potential negative consequence of each employee’s organizational commitment.
The post Read the article “Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Recent Trends and Developments.” Consider some of the positive and negative consequences of commitment and some of the conditions that mediate them. appeared first on nursing writers.