Imagine that you are a professor teaching a psychology ethics course and you have to decide on a hypothetical case that you will use to educate your students for a couples and family therapy learning module.
In the case analysis, please include the following information:
- Describe a hypothetical couple or family (choose one) and the issues and concerns one or the other brings to you.
- Provide some background on the couple or family, including hypothetical information related to race, socioeconomic status, culture, sexuality, and psychological issues.
- Identify 3 ethical challenges you might face in working with your hypothetical clients.
- Describe the APA guidelines corresponding with each and how you would safeguard against ethics violations.
The paper should be 5 to 6 pages, and include a minimum of 3-5 scholarly resources
In this unit’s Discussion Boards, you will explore how development affects the young adult’s ability to expand their social skills to create relationships that promote their sense of self.
During early adulthood, adults face many new challenges related to leaving their families (physically and cognitively) to develop their own families. These families can include friends, intimate partners, and/or peer groups (such as coworkers) that serve as new “families.” Those who are unable to form these bonds suffer from increased feelings of isolation. In these years, adults develop their social skills to build relationships and continue to develop their sense of self in the comfort of these relationships.
- Using Erikson’s psychosocial theory, explain the importance of developing different types of relationships in early adulthood.
- Select one of the following topics from the list below and use the Library to search peer-reviewed journals to find an article on your chosen topic. Then, post the link to the article in the Discussion Thread and write a short summary of the research question, method of experimentation, and results. How can you use this information to help clients?
- After reviewing your classmates’ article and summary, how might the findings of the study be used to develop interventions to help clients? Remember that psychologists often work on teams, so use this opportunity to build interventions as a class (team).
- Lifestyle choice (live alone, cohabitate, marry)
- Social relationship (any issue)
The post Select one of the following topics from the list below and use the Library to search peer-reviewed journals to find an article on your chosen topic. appeared first on nursing writers.