Think about the number of social groups or categories to which you belong. Following are some broad categories to consider as part of your social identity:
- Race or ethnicity.
- Religion, spirituality, or personal belief system.
- Ability or disability.
- Sex or gender roles.
- Sexual orientation.
- Social class.
- Physical attributes.
Complete the My Social Identity Questionnaire and ask a person from a different cultural background to take the questionnaire.
After considering the responses carefully, write a short analysis (2–3 pages of content plus title, abstract, and reference pages) organized as follows:
- Title page.
- Description of how your responses to the social identity questionnaire were similar and different.
- Possible explanations for these similarities and differences.
- Application of concepts from the course readings and/or other scholarly material to further analyze both of your responses.
- Reflections about what you need to learn, think about, and/or do differently to increase your cultural competence.
- Summary and Conclusion.
- Include at least 2 scholarly resources.
- Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines throughout; an APA paper template is located in Resources.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
My Social Identity Questionnaire
Think about the various aspects of your social identity and how these have contributed to the person you are today. Also,consider how your life may have been different if your profile were different (another race or ethnicity, sex, social class, and so on).
1. Race or Ethnicity.2. Religion, Spirituality, or Personal Belief System.3. Ability or Disability.4. Sex or Gender Roles.5. Sexual Orientation.6. Age.7. Social Class.8. Physical Attributes.9. Other.
1. What did you notice about your profile?2. Which social identities do you think about often?3. Which social identities do you rarely contemplate?4. Consider the multiple categories that could fall under each group. With which groups do you think you would be most comfortable interacting? Why?5. With which groups do you think you would be least comfortable interacting? Why?6. Given all of the above, what do you need to learn, think about, and/or do differently in order to become more culturally sensitive or competent?
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post Think about the number of social groups or categories to which you belong. Following are some broad categories to consider as part of your social identity: Race or ethnicity. Religion, spirituality, appeared first on My Nursing Assignment.