Select 1 of the following disorders:
- Reactive attachment disorder
- Disinhibited social engagement disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Focus your discussion on the following:
- What are some of the symptoms?
- What would this disorder look like in person? Make sure you relate this back to the DSM criteria.
- Find 1 article, book, or video that shows someone discussing his or her personal experience related to the disorder you chose. Discuss the impact of symptoms on both the individual with the diagnosis and the individuals family and friends.
- Discuss 1 effective treatment approach for the disorder you selected. Support with research.
We discussed Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in Unit 2. Check our second live chat and the PowerPoint presentation, as well as this fact sheet: https://infocenter.nimh.nih.gov/pubstatic/OM%2009-4299/OM%2009-4299.pdfFor more information on Disinhibited social engagement disorder, check this fact sheet: http://www.aacap.org/App_Themes/AACAP/docs/facts_for_families/stephanie/85_Attachment_Disorders.pdf
Also check this fact sheet on Reactive attachment disorder: http://www.schoolmentalhealth.org/Resources/Educ/MACMH/RAD.pdf
For more information on each of these three disorders, check your DSM changes sheet again: http://www.dsm5.org/Documents/changes%20from%20dsm-iv-tr%20to%20dsm-5.pdf
This week we will focus on trauma- and stressor-related disorders & disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders. You will choose one of three trauma- and stressor-related disorders and explore the symptoms, impact on the person and their family, and treatment of that disorder. Check Chapter 5, pp. 155-163 for information on trauma- and stressor-related disorders.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post What are some of the symptoms? What would this disorder look like in person? Make sure you relate this back to the DSM criteria. appeared first on Nursing Paper Desk.