Ensuring delinquent youths receive adequate services when in detention is a crucial step in preventing recidivism. Examples of such services are education, vocational training, substance abuse treatment, and mental health treatment. While the treatment of a single disorder, such as alcohol dependence, is fairly straightforward, the treatment of co-occurring disorders is more complex and poses special challenges. The term co-occurring disorders refers to the presence of two or more disorders at the same time. A co-occurring disorder typically consists of a substance abuse issue and a mental health issue, but other combinations exist.
For this assignment, research co-occurring disorders, especially as they relate to youth in detention facilities, and present your findings in a 3- to 5-page paper. In particular, note which disorders are most commonly present at the same time.
In your paper, include answers to the following questions:
- What special problems do co-occurring disorders present to detention facility officials?
- Are co-occurring disorders classified in any particular way? Explain.
- What types of treatment methods are used to treat co-occurring disorders?
- What is the general prognosis for youth diagnosed with co-occurring disorders?
- Save the paper as M4_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc.
- By Wednesday, December 2, 2015, submit your paper to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post What special problems do co-occurring disorders present to detention facility officials? appeared first on Nursing Paper Desk.